Ideally located just off the Essequibo River and available exclusively through Worldwide Travel, Bidrabu House is within walking distance of Bartica, “the Gateway to the Interior,” yet nestled on the edge of the rain forest. One could be fortunate enough to see monkeys, parrots, toucans, sloths or other wildlife as they come from time to time to feed on the wild fruit that bear in abundance on the property.
A closer look reveals:
- Five Bedroom/Five Bath river front house on the beach, with spacious verandahs
- An idyllic view across the swimming pool to a panoramic of the Essequibo River
And Bidrabu House includes:
- Hot and Cold running water
- 24 Hour electricity (including a generator, should there be a loss of utility power)
- Ceiling fans (in bedrooms)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- All Linens
- Washing machine
- Charcoal barbecue
- Swimming pool (4ft deep)
- 2 Beaches
- Private mooring (for those who have their own transportation)
How to get there:
- If you have your own boat you can moor it at the pier
- With private charter or river taxi from Parika to Bidrabu Point.
- Drive from Georgetown to Linden to Surubana/Sherima ferry crossing then into Bartica through to Bidrabu
Things to know:
- Basic food supplies may be purchased from Bartica
- Shopping hours in Bartica are: 8 – 11 am and 3 – 6 pm
- Taxis are available to and from Bartica
- For an additional fee housekeeping can be present to assist with cooking.
Bidrabu House Rates:
All rates are daily and are payable in advance on confirmation.
- 2 Bedrooms – $165.00 USD (Upper Floor)
- 2 Bedrooms – $120.00 USD (Lower Floor)
- 4 Bedrooms – $220.00 USD
- 5 Bedrooms – $300.00 USD
Special rates can be quoted for stays over 3 days, mid-week occupancies or special groups.
The Iwokrama International Center for Rainforest Conservation and Development is a not for profit organisation, governed by an International Board of Trustees and managed by a professional team of around 70 permanent staff in Georgetown and at the Iwokrama River Lodge and Research Centre at Kurupukari. The forest and it’s research centre are unique, providing a dedicated site in which to test the concept of a truly sustainable forest – where conservation, environmental balance and economic use can be mutually reinforcing.
Eco-Tourism is one of the important components of Iwokrama’s strategy for financial self sufficiency. The Iwokrama Forest and Rupununi Wetlands and Savannahs offer visitors the opportunity for an exceptional natural and cultural experience set in a learning context. It is a place for all ages and all interests and you choose what you want to do. By staying at Iwokrama you are directly contributing to the communities in and surrounding the forest and to the conservation of what lies within.
The Iwokrama Forest is a vast wilderness of nearly one million acres – a protected area and homeland of the Makushi people who have used the forest for generations. Come and retrace the footsteps of the Makushi, wander our extensive trail system and discover the unforgettable flora, fauna and Amerindian history so special to this tropical paradise.
Feel free to browse the Iwokrama website for more information, or contact us today we can get you and your adventure underway!
Arrowpoint Nature Resort
Arrowpoint Nature Resort is an invitation to go back to basics surrounded by nature in all it’s glory without having to really go to the bare essentials. The adventure starts from the Roraima Marina on the Eastern Bank of the Demerara River, a short 3 minute speedboat ride across the river and then a further 40 minute ride down the Kamuni River, a tributary of the Demerara.
Upon arrival at Arrowpoint you’re invited to have your first taste of the richness the rainforest has to offer with glasses of freshly squeezed perfectly chilled fruit juices along with a brief run down of the safety rules and regulations of the resort. Let’s remember we are in the rainforest after all. After this you’re free to engage in any of the activities the resort has to offer. These include:
- Swimming in the Pokerero Creek
- Bird Watching
- Fishing (controlled activity with a limit to your allowed catch)
- Wabani Expedition (guided nature tour includes hiking and kayaking)
- Mountain Biking
- Surf Biking
- Pedal Boating
- A visit to nearby Santa Mission (where one can see how Cassava Bread is made…)
Much to do and all before having dinner around a bonfire as the evening gives way to a night only the rainforest can provide. You can browse the Arrowpoint website for more information, or contact us we’ll take the hassle out of your rustic (without being too rustic) getaway.
Baganara Island Resort
Owned and operated by Evergreen Adventures Incorporated, Baganara is a little paradise with 187 acres of lush green foliage and colourful tropical flowers. Five miles south of Bartica it is the gateway to the unspoilt rainforest of Guyana and the junction where the great Essequibo and Mazaruni rivers meet.
The resort has a 17 room capacity, with 13 self contained rooms and 4 standard rooms (shared bathroom facilities). Additionally the resort houses a modern conference facility with a 60 seat capacity and an additional gazebo that can accomodate up to 20 persons.
Baganara is all inclusive, meals and drinks are included in the price of accomodation, along with a list of other activities and amenities as follows:
- Board Games
- Table Tennis
- Jungle Trails (weather dependant)
- Water Sports
- River Swimming
- Beach Lounging
Night Time Activities
- Hiking (weather dependant)
Off Island Tours
- Kayak Expedition (up the creek)
- Marshall Falls River Trip
- Sunset Cruise to Parrot Island
- Travel to the mining town of Bartica
You can get to Baganara by river (jetboats or private water transport) and by air using our own private airstrip. Feel free to browse the Evergreen Adventures website for more information or contact us today for your “luxury” forest getaway.
Splashmins nestled in the heart of the Madewini wetlands on the Linden Soesdyke Highway is a mere 45 minutes drive from Georgetown and 15 minutes from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport.
The resort features a waterpark with loads of fun activities for all ages such as:
- Peddle Boats
- Cricket Pitch
- Football Pitch
- Basketball Court
- A one mile long man made white sand beach, caressed by a mystical black water lake
- Jet Skis…
Splashmins also has their own luxury accommodations with self contained villas designed with extravagance in mind and to provide refined comfort in a tranquil environment.
For the more adventurous type you can enjoy the Eco-Adventure park and camping grounds. Relax in hammocks strung among our 1500 species of fruit trees or camp out while you cook or barbecue in the great outdoors, and Splashmins can provide all the gear you’ll need. You can browse the Splasmins website for more information or make it easy and contact us we can make the reservations for you.